Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesday thoughts...

Not much to say this morning. I am liking my new job, and working later tonight. It is definitely a challenge and much different than fast food, but such a great blessing. To be surrounded by prayer and Christian music, and being PAID to share Christ through our merchandise is AMAZING. I hope this job will enbolden me to be more passionate and open about my faith outside of the comforts of the store, my school, and church.

I heard a song on the radio, "I Made It," and it made me want to cry for them. Check these lyrics: "I look up to the sky/ And now the world is mine/ I've known it all my life/ I made it, I made it!/ I used to dream about, the life I'm living now/ I know that there's no doubt/ I made it, I made it!" He goes on to talk about fame and money falling from the sky, climbing to the top like it's just part of the game. It's so terribly sad. What a horrible, pitiable way of life! And to think, all the kids listening to these songs and looking up to these artists, thinking "man, that's the good life." Tears me apart. If you ever think you've made it, check your prescription. That is such a sign of pride and ignorance. We will never "arrive" in this world, and the only way we can "make it" is through the cleansing blood of Jesus Christ who declares us whole.

1 comment:

  1. I've had similar thoughts when listening to mainstream music--Lady Gaga for example. I'm glad you like your job it sounds AWESOME!!!!! I'm very happy for youuu and hope you grow in your faith and that your coworkers and customers make you smile, Miss Larkin. Pineapples!

    ReplyDelete