Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Secret of Being Content

Now, as I write this, I realize I am an EXTREME work in progress and have a long way to go. As I pour over Paul's letters in Philippians, I dwell over these particular passages: "I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation..." and "Do not be anxious for anything, but in everything, with prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." I feel like I have finally reached an "ahha" moment. So many times when I have troubles and concerns, I focus on them incessantly, over-analyzing them into the ground. But God says "Be still and KNOW that I am God." I prefer the NASB version that says "cease striving" in place of "be still." I am gradually learning that when matters are out of my hands, and I have done the best I can, the best thing to do is run to God. But when running to God, seek His face first. I am beginning to see that when I immerse myself in His Word and surround myself with His people, by mini-trials don't seem so overwhelming in light of His Truth. God seldom answers the Why questions, but being filled with Him is often better than the answer.

2 comments:

  1. This morning I found Romans 13:11-14
    And DO this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation IS nearer than when we first believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness and let us put on the armor of light. Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that Carolynn! :D

    ReplyDelete