Friday, February 7, 2014

Hello, Grad-school!

As some of you may already know, I started taking online graduate level classes this spring in hopes to obtain my MAT (Master's of Arts in Teaching) within the next few years. At first I was hesitant: New wife, haven't been in "school" mode in awhile, work...but then I realized if I didn't take this opportunity, I'd be ridiculous, for many reasons. My tuition is free, this is a great time before we have kids, I work part time so if I juggle things right it's not overwhelming, and I want a real job. I'm very tired of retail, and I want a job in which I can use my undergraduate degree and interests, namely teaching English. Right now, I'm halfway through my first term of grad school and almost done with two classes. Though it's been stressful at times, and A LOT of reading, I'm feeling optimistic and blessed overall. :)

More on exciting grad school life to come!

Thankful,
JR

No comments:

Post a Comment