Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Lesser-known Handicaps of Height (now you know)

I love over-hearing conversations (not that I am a busy-body, but, if you're talking loudly around me, I may have no choice but to listen). The other day as I was waiting in line at the cafeteria, two guys behind me were having a serious discussion about the draw-backs of being tall. (this is my rendition, paraphrased) "Yeah, man," the one guy said, "there's like less oxygen up here." "Yeah, people don't think about these things," responded the other. "And you know, we're like, closer to the sun, so we get more sun exposure and sun burns..." "Yeah...," said the other, "it's probably the short people that don't think about these things..." I smiled to myself, and did everything I could to not turn around and poke my nose in their conversation. :) I succeeded.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, Larkin, you aren't alone in your eavesdropping! People are so entertaining to listen to and most of the time, they talk loud enough to share their thoughts with the whole world. Thanks for the laugh!

    In Christ's love
    ~Mary

    P.S. I love what you have done with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tee heeeee I think the guys a liberty are getting smarter =P

    ReplyDelete