Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's time for a Blog! (thoughts about pain and growth)

So I haven't written anything here for awhile, and thought it would do my mind some good thinking through something worthwhile to say. Recently, I have been so encouraged by friends and family who know where I come from in my daily struggles. It's so easy to feel like you're the only one, that you're the odd one out. But I've found that whatever your situation may be, someone else is experiencing it too. I've also found that through pain and discomforts (which I initially would never have chosen) I have developed closer communion with God and my fellow man. It's as if suffering and pain makes us human, and until we experience it, we are not fully connected to other people because we cannot relate. The Bible says to consider suffering "pure joy," and although I can't say I'm ecstatic, I can say pain has definitely molded me more into the person I wanted to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment