Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 24!: Where are the Family Men?

Ok, so technically I'm writing 2 posts in one day, but I don't count it because last night's was at 1 am, and then I went to bed, and now I'm awake. Hence, I call this a new day.

I felt compelled to write this post after observing a heartwarming scenario currently going on right outside my window, as I type. There is a super sweet family that lives next door with four kids, and they really have a solid family. You can tell they love each other, and love their kids. Right now, the dad is giving his son pointers on football. Just one on one time with the kids :) Perfect. Beautiful.

When did society start telling men that being a family man was restrictive and not worthy of respect? When did the men start believing that lie? I respect every man I see out shopping with his kids, holding a small child, sharing smiles with his daughter. In a way, I value that more than a mother with her kids. A mother naturally will bond with her children, but a man who takes that time to connect and love on his offspring, is a wonderful rarity.

I pray that the men of this world will embrace godly fatherhood and take leadership in their families, loving their wives and loving their children. What a shame to miss out on one of life's greatest blessings, raising and nurturing one of God's special gifts, your child.

Kudos to all you family men out there!

-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment