Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 26!: Books- I'm addicted, and I don't want help!

So, I haven't blogged in quite a few days, and my roomie reminded me to get on that (nicely). ;) Therefore, I'm blogging about a state I find myself in: surrounded by books. I often rationalize book buying...or rather...I hardly ever say no to buying a book, especially at a good price. I primarily shop used books, so a book at $1-4 dollars is like a no-brainer to me.

Subsequently, my shelves are heavy laden with books upon books. Lots of them are classics; I'll see a classic and grab it for future reading, because the English major in me values classic books and knows that "eventually" and "someday" I will read them...all...idealistically.

Also, unlike splurging on food or clothes, books are longer lasting and life-changing. They provide new insight and greater wisdom, while taking you to far away lands to meet new people. For mere dollars! Um, yes, I'll take that.

So, I'm admitting I have an issue (not a problem), and that it probably won't be resolved, because I'm content with my addiction!

Any other book addicts out there?

Sincerely, Jane

3 comments:

  1. "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes" - Erasmus

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally, irrevocably addicted to books. :P As you very well know.

    ReplyDelete