Sunday, November 3, 2013

Personal Pet Peeves (just because)

For today, I would like to share a few personal pet peeves, you know, those little things that bother you that really make no difference in the grand scheme of life but will rub you wrong all day. So here it goes:

*wearing black with brown
*wearing black with navy
*wearing scrunchies
*dark lip liner (it's weeeeiiirdddd looking)
*mixing gold and silver jewelry
*digital clocks in the house not being exactly synced, but off by a minute (example, my alarm clock and my husband's alarm clock)
*Putting out Christmas items before Halloween
*"Happy Holidays"- No, I don't want you to have a happy holiday. It kinda sounds like "take a hike," doesn't it? I think I'll stick to Merry Christmas.
*Wearing leggings as pants
*Wearing "unwalkable" shoes (really...I mean, unless you want to just sit somewhere and look pretty, save yourself the pain and us the shock)
*Not putting ice in soda (it's waaaay too fizzy, AND who wants luke-warm soday? Eww.)
*Leaving lights on in rooms I'm not in
*smudged fingernail polish (you know, when that one didn't turn out right, but all the others did)
*loose change (where is all my money going? how much do I have wandering around the house?!)

Ok, I think that's it for now. I know I have more, but I'll add to it later ;)

Peeved,
Jane

5 comments:

  1. 1. You can totally mix different neutrals and different metallics together, if you do it right. (Source: What Not to Wear)

    2. I actually don't mind "Happy Holidays" very much, unlike some Christians who act like you just spit on Baby Jesus. "Happy Holidays" can include Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, and Hannukah. Plus, the word "holiday" comes from "holy day."

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Agreed, if done correctly. It can be very tacky, though.
    2) In my situation, I dislike it because we're told to say it at work around Christmas instead of Merry Christmas, and are not allowed to say Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, dear. My clocks are never right. tee hee!! I love you and all your peeves! thanks for telling me how to annoy you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. what i was thinking Carolyn, now we know how to really bug jane!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, you know I have to avoid you now Carolynn! :P

    And anonymous, who is this? Sounds like Will...

    ReplyDelete